Living Sport has been a registered charity since 2007, our charity number is 1124122.
Living Sport receive significant funding from the Sport England Lottery Fund and more recently commissions from Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Public Health for our Workplace Health programmes and the Lets Get Moving Cambridgeshire project. We also receive a number of smaller grants from other organisations. However all of these monies are linked with the delivery on behalf of the funding organisations of specific programmes and projects.
We are keen to secure additional funds to deliver locally led activity which fits the needs of Cambridgeshire & Peterborough – our strategy has highlighted the four priorities of women and girls, older people, disabled people and priority areas. To date we have done a lot of work in the disability sector, we have extended our volunteering work and established our Community Small Grant Scheme.
By supporting Living Sport as a charity you can help us to develop more activities to help make a difference, transform the health and sporting landscape of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough and change lives. You can do this by donating to Living Sport – and no donation is too small as it will help us to continue making a positive difference to your community, which could be through helping us to:
• provide opportunities for disabled people of all ages and abilities to have the opportunity to access, participate and excel in sport and healthy activity
• support coaches, volunteers, and officials to develop providing high quality and safe sport in the county
• help to keep older adults independent for longer and prevent social isolation by enabling community organisations to provide activity.
How to donate
POST. You complete the Donate to LIVING SPORT form. Cheques can be sent to Sarah Bateman, HR & Finance Coordinator, Living Sport, Lakeside Lodge, Fen Road, Pidley, Huntingdon PE28 3DF
ONLINE. You can donate to our work online by visiting our BT mydonate page or clicking on the BT mydonate button at the top of the page.
Living Sport have registered with online shopping portal www.givingabit.com which donates money every time someone makes a purchase, completely free of charge. Log on to the website, choose Living Sport as your chosen charity, go shopping and when you checkout givingabit donates money to us at no extra cost to you.
TEXT. Donations can be made via text. Text GAME15 £2 to 70070 to donate just £2 to support Living Sport.
PHONE. You can telephone a donation by contacting Living Sport on 01487 841559.
Why not fundraise for Living Sport?
You could help us to continue to deliver sport and physical activity for the community and those unable to access this otherwise by fundraising on our behalf, and this could be in a number of ways:
• Sponsorship – sign up to complete a local, regional or nation swim, walk, run, cycle (or any other activity) raising money for Living Sport through sponsorship
• Recommend Living Sport for your company or club Charity of the Year / Month – where they operate such schemes
• “Wear Your Sports Day” – encourage your colleagues, club members, students or friends to wear their sports kit, club kit or dress up as their favourite sports star for a £1 donation.
• Organise something with your workplace or your club where so much of the proceeds go towards your local charity – this could be as simple as a raffle, or could be a quiz, or a sports activity.
Finally volunteering is another great way in which to support Living Sport, or activities or organisations we work with. Importantly with all of volunteering it’s a great opportunity to have lots of fun while making a real difference, whilst also giving you a hands on experience of the work that we and the partners we support.
You could be helping with the smooth operation of a sporting event, assisting officials, ensuring the safety of participants by marshalling events, or if you have specific skills – health and safety, marketing, project work – which you would like to donate we can utilise your skills in that way too.