Supporting Families in Cambridgeshire & Peterborough to be physically active together through fun and convenient activities in the community
Active Families is a partnership project funded by Sport England, delivered across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Delivery partners include:
- Living Sport
- Cambridgeshire County Council, Public Health team
- Fenland District Council – Meet the Fenland Activator ‘Heidi’
- Vivacity (Peterborough) – Meet the Peterborough Activator ‘Joe’
- Cambridge City Council – Meet the Cambridge City Activator ‘Carrie’
Active Families delivers the following activities in Fenland, Peterborough and Cambridge City:
- Free term time activity sessions (Fenland and Peterborough only)
These weekly sessions host a number of free activities ranging from story walks starting from the school gate to more team sport based activities to get the whole family active!
- School holiday events and roadshows take place across the County providing families with information of local family based provision. Families can also take part in events such as fun runs and themed activity days.
- Digital ‘Wildgoose’ treasure hunt trails are free for families to enjoy! These are accessible on tablets and smartphones where families can enjoy the outdoors whilst completing photo, video, and multiple choice challenges as a team!
- Support and advice to help your family become more active. Each locality has an allocated ‘Active Families Activator’ who is able to provide guidance on activities most suited to your family. Active Families also promotes the Change4Life initiative providing families with easy to use tools to stay healthy. https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/