Living Sport are pleased to announce a series of dates around the county for new Clubmatters workshops.
Clubmatters workshops are small training sessions for anyone involved in running community sports clubs which will develop your skills, improve your knowledge and help develop your club. Ideally more than one person from each club would attend so that the knowledge and skills would be shared. These sessions help clubs to understand important factors in developing a successful and sustainable clubs for the future.
£10.00 per person, per workshop
Club Structures – Date to be confirmed
This workshop would assist clubs to have the right structure to enable success and sustainability.
- The importance of club structures
- Legal structures
- Top tips on becoming unincorporated
- Selecting the best status including CASC, Charity, CIO
- Gift aid
Marketing – Thursday 14 March 2019 – March Town CC – 6.30pm-8.30pm
Develop a marketing strategy to attract new members, raise funds or increase the clubs profile in the local community.
- Shaping up your marketing strategy – what to consider
- Fit to follow framework – to develop your club’s strategy
- Methods to motivate – considering different marketing options
- Evaluating your efforts – focus your energy effectively
Club Participant Experience – Thursday 11 April 2019 – Vivacity Hampton Leisure Centre, Peterborough – 6.30pm-8.30pm
How to give your existing and potential members a great club experience.
- Why delivering a great experience in your club is important
- How to listen to and respond to the needs of the people in your club and potential members
- How to consistently deliver a great club experience
Club Volunteer Experience – Tuesday 7 May 2019 – Meadows Community Centre, Cambridge – 6.30pm-8.30pm
How to give your volunteers a great experience which helps to attract and retain them for the future
- Develop a positive culture of volunteering within a club environment
- Identify how to develop the volunteer’s experience by assessing the value of club volunteer
- Develop the volunteer experience by identifying top tips in recruiting, retaining and rewarding new and existing volunteers
- Develop an action plan to improve the volunteer experience within a sports club environment
Thursday 6th June 2019 – Business Planning – Meadows Community Centre, Cambridge – 6.30pm-8.30pm
This workshop helps club to develop a business plan to achieve dreams and aspirations.
- What a business plan can do for your club
- Key players in developing a business plan
- A simple framework to support your planning
- Top tips of what to include in your plan and common pitfalls to watch out for