Book on this workshop to gain your Emergency First Aid Certificate and learn the skills required to preserve life and promote recovery . The course is a Royal Lifesaving Society qualification suitable for all sports coaches and comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, including practical assessment on CPR and first aid. The award is valid for 3 years as of the date of assessment.
During this course, and under the tuition and guidance of a registered and experienced Sports First Aid Trainer, candidates will be introduced to:
- The principals of First Aid
- The qualities and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Hygiene and personal safety
- Contents of the first aid container
- Dealing with an unconscious breathing casualty (the recovery position)
- Dealing with unconscious not breathing casualties (including CPR)
- Recognising and dealing with Common Types of injury (including shock, head injuries, fractures, wounds and bleeding, circulatory and respiratory problems)
Our Emergency First Aid workshops are split over two evenings from 6.30 – 9.30pm and you must attend both dates in order to receive certification.
£60.00 per person
Upcoming course dates:
6.30pm – 9.30pm
- 10th & 17th May 2018 – Lakeside Lodge Golf Centre, Pidley, Huntingdon, PE28 3DF
- 6th & 13th June 2018 – Meadows Community Centre, Cambridge, CB4 3 XJ
- 10th & 17th July 2018 – Vivacity Leisure Centre, Peterborough, PE7 8GL
- 13th & 20th September 2018 – Meadows Community Centre, Cambridge, CB4 3 XJ
- 9th & 16th October 2018 – Lakeside Lodge Golf Centre, Pidley, Huntingdon, PE28 3DF
- 14th & 21st November 2018 – Vivacity Leisure Centre, Peterborough, PE7 8GL
First Aid is a life saving skill to have and is a mandatory course to support some coaching qualifications.
If none of the dates above are suitable, we can arrange a bespoke workshop for your club or organisation. For more information click here