Please see below the Greater Cambridge 10k waiver which must be read by all race applicants. You will be asked to tick a box if you have read this during the online registration.
1. I understand that the Greater Cambridge 10k hosted by Living Sport is a 10k running event which I will run at my own risk.
2. I agree not to participate unless I am medically and physically able, which I am solely responsible to determine.
3. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to my ability to safely complete the race, which decision is at the sole discretion of the race official and I agree lack of a decision does not create any liability whatsoever.
4. I assume all risks associated with competing in Greater Cambridge 10k, including, but not limited to, slips, falls, contact with other participants, negligent or wanton acts of other participants, any defects or condition of premises, the effects of the weather including high heat, cold temperatures, storms and/or humidity, all such risks being known, assumed and appreciated by me.
5. I agree that Living Sport is not responsible for any personal items or property that are lost, stolen, stained or damaged at or during the event Greater Cambridge 10k.
6. I consent to emergency medical care and transportation in order to obtain treatment in the event of injury to me as medical professionals may deem appropriate. This Assumption and Release extends to any liability arising out of, or in any way connected with, the medical treatment and transportation provided in the event of an emergency.
7. I understand and agree that pets are not permitted to accompany me in the race.
8. I grant permission to the organisers of Greater Cambridge 10k, its affiliates and sponsors to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any purpose including, but not limited to promoting, advertising and marketing purposes. Any and all photographs, motion pictures, recordings or other records of the event are the sole property of Living Sport.
9. I understand that all entries are final with no refunds.
10. The official race directors reserve the right in any event of emergency or local or national disaster to cancel the race and in the event of cancellation or change there is no refund of entry fees.
11. Participants are expected to exhibit appropriate behaviour at all times, including obeying all laws. This includes respect for all people, equipment and facilities and cooperative, positive participation. Staff of Living Sport may dismiss, without refund, anyone whose behaviour endangers safety or negatively affects a race, a person, a facility or property of any type or kind.
12. I agree to indemnify Living Sport, its affiliates and assigns, from any and all third party claims caused in whole or in part by my actions.
13. I assume risk of wild animals and insects that may be present on the course.
All Participants – Waiver & Release of all claims and assumption of risk
I recognize and acknowledge that there are certain risks of physical injury to participants in Greater Cambridge 10k, and I voluntarily and knowingly agree to assume the full risk of any and all injuries, damages or loss, regardless of severity, that I may sustain as a result of said participation. I further agree to waive and relinquish all claims I may have (or which may accrue to me) as a result of participating in these activities against Living Sport including its owners, managers, officers and employees, the race officials, agents, volunteers, sponsors, and the owners and operators of the venue (hereinafter Collectively referred to as “Administrators”). Participants registering for the race, programmes/activities must recognise that there is an inherent risk of injury when choosing to participate in recreational activities/programmes.
I agree that I am solely responsible for determining if I am physically fit and/or skilled for the race or activities contemplated by this Assumption and Release. It is always advisable, especially if the participant is pregnant or disabled in any way or recently suffered an illness, injury or impairment, to consult a physician before undertaking any physical activity. I, for myself and my heirs, do hereby fully release and forever discharge the Administrators from any and all claims for injuries, including death or incapacity, illnesses, damages, expenses or loss that I may suffer arising out of, connected with, or in any way associated with the race, program or activities including injuries caused or associated with transportation to and from the event.
I have read and fully understand the above important information, warning of risk, assumption of risk and waiver and release of all claims. When registering online, my registration and payment to the event shall substitute for and have the same legal effect as an original form signature. PARTICIPATION WILL BE DENIED, if I have not signed this waiver before the start of the event.
Only read below if you are a parent or guardian of a participant under the age of 18:
I, the parent or guardian of the above named participant, have read through this waiver and all its terms, and I hereby give my approval to this child’s participation in Greater Cambridge 10k. I assume all risks and hazards incidental to my child’s participation in Greater Cambridge 10k, and I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify and agree to hold harmless the Administrators, as defined above, for any injury to my child and from any and all claims, causes of actions, obligations, lawsuits, charges, complaints, controversies, covenants, agreements, promises, damages, costs, expenses, responsibilities, of whatsoever kind, nature or description, whether, direct or indirect, in law or in equity, in contract or in tort, or otherwise, whether known or unknown, from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of or connected with my child’s participation in Greater Cambridge 10k.
I consent to the foregoing and grant permission for him/her to participate in Greater Cambridge 10k. I acknowledge I have carefully read, accepted and agreed to the terms on this Assumption and Release and Liability waiver, and know and understand their contents and I sign the same on my own free act and deed.