Heart Disease and Exercise
This workshop is for anyone from a sports club to learn more about Heart Disease and how the condition affects someone exercising. The workshop will:
- Explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of high cholesterol and high blood pressure.
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics of heart disease in the UK.
- Identify the links to, and development of, cardiac conditions.
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise in risk reduction and management of these conditions.
- Identify an exercise prescription framework to work safely and effectively.
- Recognise and apply health and safety considerations.
£20.00 per person
Upcoming Healthy Clubs Heart Disease workshop dates:
6.30pm – 9.30pm
- 1st May 2019 – Vivacity Hampton Leisure Centre, Peterborough, PE7 8GL