Living Sport are looking for volunteers to support the new Peterborough 4 Seasons series. Races are on Sunday 31st March 2019, 7th July 2019, 22nd September 2019 and 17th November 2019. All races will take part at Nene Park, Peterborough.
Who is Living Sport?
Living Sport is a local sports charity and the County Sports Partnership for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Our vision is to inspire everyone to lead healthy lives by increasing opportunities to be active and to participate in sport. One way of us to support this vision is by running our first 4 Seasons series!
When and where is it?
The Peterborough 4 Seasons races will all be held at Nene Park, Peterborough PE2 5UU.
All races will start at 10.00am, registration will be open from 08:15. Dependant on whether you are a course marshal or helping at registration then the start times will vary. Course marshal will need to be on site for 08:30 briefing and registration marshals will need to be at Race HQ for 08:00.
What will I get out of volunteering at this event?
- Chance to give something back and have fun at the same time
- Insight into management of a mass-participation event
- Opportunity to meet other like minded people
- A drinks token for the onsite cafe
- Valuable event logistical experience
- Course marshals will get to experience the park in all its glory during each season as each course route will be different
- Great fun with the team!
What will I be expected to do?
- Assist with race logistics
- Give clear directions to race participants from your marshal point on the course
- Welcome race participants to the race area
- Ensuring smooth flow of participants and spectators through Nene park
- Assist in set-up and pack-down of race site
- Help with the general smooth running of the event
If you would like to apply to volunteer at any of our 4 Seasons race, whether it be 1, 2 or even all and have any questions regarding the race or what you’ll be expected to do then please get in contact with the event organiser: firstname.lastname@example.org