As part of our Healthy Clubs project, we are running a Heart Disease and Exercise workshop on Wednesday 1st March, 6.30pm to 9.30pm at St Ives Rugby Club
The workshop is for anyone from a sports club or activity provider and would like to learn more about Heart Disease and how the condition affects someone exercising.
The workshop will:
- Explore the aetiology and pathophysiology of high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Understand the recent prevalence statistics of heart disease in the UK
- Identify the links to, and development of, cardiac conditions
- Identify the benefits of physical activity and exercise in risk reduction and management of these conditions
- Identify an exercise prescription framework to work safely and effectively
- Recognise and apply health and safety considerations
The workshop is free to attend but you must book in advance. You can book by clicking onto our Events Calendar.
For further information you can contact Rebecca Gilbertson on 01487 849929 or email Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org