Huntingdonshire FA has selected 9 local recipients of The FA and McDonald’s Grassroots Football Awards 2019.
The Grassroots Football Awards recognise and celebrate the work of individuals and groups to instil The FA’s PRIDE values – Progressive, Respectful, Inclusive, Determination and Excellent – and make a positive difference in their club, league or local community.
Following receipt of a record 4,073 nominations, The FA has worked alongside respective County FAs to select appropriate winners across 9 categories. The full list of Hunts FA Grassroots Football Awards 2019 winners are:
- Grassroots Coach of the Year | Stuart Duncan | Buckden Junior FC
- Supporter of the Year Award | Lisa Gilbert | Riverside FC
- Grounds Team of the Year Award | Gareth Chapman and Dave Misseldine | St Ives Town FC
- Grassroots Club of the Year | Stanground Sports Youth FC
- Volunteer of the Year Award | Elizabeth ‘Mary’ Sere | Brampton FC
- Rising Star of the Year Award | Callum Hamilton | Yaxley Falcons FC
- We Only Do Positive Respect Award | Andy White | Priory Parkside Futsal
- Grassroots Project of the Year Award | Carers Trust Cambridgeshire & Peterborough, Norfolk
- Grassroots Match Official of the Year | Percy Parker
Andy Coles, Senior Football Development Officer, said: “There is so much dedication and commitment throughout the grassroots game. I would like to congratulate each and every one of our County FA winners for their inspirational work in their local communities.