Coaching HQ is part of Living Sport (the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Sports Partnership) and has through this link unprecedented access to all National Governing Bodies of Sport. We also have a strong working relationship with the Cambridgeshire and Peterborough School Sport Partnerships and with the Cambridge Advisory Service. This enables us to create a bespoke training programme for our coaching staff which encompasses various different national governing body training courses and specific education training. Continuous professional development programmes such as this takes good physical education practitioners and sports coaches and makes them great.
To ensure high quality, Coaching HQ minimum standards include:
- UK Coaching Certificate* Level 2 qualified coach (*or equivalent qualification if UKCC not available) as the recommended minimum standard required by Cambridgeshire County Council Health and Safety
- Training in Coaching in the Curriculum delivered by Cambridgeshire Advisory Service (CAS)
- Training in Behavioural Management in a Curriculum Environment delivered by CAS
- Sports coach UK recommended minimum standards for deployment (First Aid, Disclosure and Barring Service, Safeguarding and Protecting Children)
- Deliver schemes of work guided and developed by teachers and CAS
Our coaches have or undertake additional training in:
- OSHL sports specific training
- Training needs analysis undertaken with the Coaching Manager
- Their continued professional development – minimum of 3 x events attended per annum
- 1st4Sport level 2 Multi-skills Development in Sport qualification
- Subsidised places on other accredited workshops
- Knowledge of local sport clubs with active junior sections
COACHING HQ coaches are put through a rigorous recruitment procedure including a practical assessment and interview process to ensure the best quality coaches are recruited. Every coach receives a comprehensive induction into Living Sport and Coaching HQ polices and procedures. Throughout their employment all coaches are regularly observed by an experienced member of the Living Sport team and undergo an annual performance management review to discuss performance and developments for the coming year.