Primary School PE & Sport Premium Support
Schools are tasked with ensuring the Sport premium is used to fund improvements to the provision of Physical Education and Sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils so that they develop healthy lifestyles. Specifically, areas to focus on include;
- the increase in participation rates in activities and the increase and success in competitive school sports
- how much more inclusive the physical education curriculum has become, including the growth in the range of provisional and alternative sporting activities
- the improvement in partnership work
- links with other subjects that contribute to pupils’ overall achievement and their greater SMSC skills
- the greater awareness about the dangers of obesity and smoking that undermine pupils’ health.
Physical Education and sport can contribute to overall whole school improvement priorities and outcomes as well as the attitude, behaviour and achievement of pupils.
It is important to consider options for maximising and sustaining the impact of this funding and the following pages offer information about some of the local and national partners and their offers.
Prior to allocating any of your funding it is important to carry out the following:
- An audit the needs of the school, staff, children and young people based on the offer
- Select appropriate strategies to address the needs
- Ensure the improvement impacts on young people supported by evidence for the Ofsted monitoring process.