The Daily Mile is a national initiative, supporting schools to get children fit for life and fit for learning, by encouraging them to run or jog for 15 minutes every day in their schools or nurseries. This physical activity promotes social, emotional and mental health and wellbeing, as well as fitness. It takes place outside in the fresh air during the school day at a time of the teacher’s choosing. Children run in their school clothes and no special kit or equipment is required.
The Daily Mile Works!
- Children run outside in the fresh air – and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier
- There’s no set up, tidy up, or equipment required
- No staff training is needed and there is no extra workload for teachers
- Children run in their uniforms so no kit or changing time is needed
- It’s social, non-competitive and fun
- The children return to class ready to learn
- It helps to improve fitness and achieve a healthy weight
- It encourages children to be aware of their health
- It’s fully inclusive; every child, whatever their circumstances, age or ability, succeeds at The Daily Mile
Living Sport is keen to support the 41 schools currently registered to The Daily Mile to embed the regular practice of The Daily Mile, but also to significantly grow the number of schools starting The Daily Mile across the county.
For further information about The Daily Mile and to register your school, please visit: www.thedailymile.co.uk
To find out more about The Daily Mile locally, please contact email@example.com