Our Daily Mile Global Running Day Challenge to You!
‘Join the Movement’ by doing The Daily MileTM and support Global Running Day at the same time!
Global Running Day is a worldwide celebration of running that encourages everyone to get moving, no matter how fast they run or how far they go! Be part of their ‘Million Kid Run’ by supporting our own challenge to get 10,000 children and as many schools as possible doing The Daily Mile on Wed 5th June! Your school does not need to be registered with The Daily Mile to try it. For more information about Global Running Day, visit https://globalrunningday.org/
Register your pledge to be part of our Daily Mile Global Running Day Challenge by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how many children plan to take part!
Even better Win a Visit from a Sporting Champion by sending a photo of your ‘Daily Mile’ in action on Global Running Day, Wed 5th June, to go into our Prize Draw!
The Daily Mile is a national initiative, supporting schools to get children fit for life and fit for learning, by encouraging them to run or jog for 15 minutes every day in their schools or nurseries. This physical activity promotes social, emotional and mental health and wellbeing, as well as fitness. It takes place outside in the fresh air during the school day at a time of the teacher’s choosing. Children run in their school clothes and no special kit or equipment is required.
The Daily Mile in action!
The Daily Mile works!
- Children run outside in the fresh air – and the weather is a benefit, not a barrier
- There’s no set up, tidy up, or equipment required
- No staff training is needed and there is no extra workload for teachers
- Children run in their uniforms so no kit or changing time is needed
- It’s social, non-competitive and fun
- The children return to class ready to learn
- It helps to improve fitness and achieve a healthy weight
- It encourages children to be aware of their health
- It’s fully inclusive; every child, whatever their circumstances, age or ability, succeeds at The Daily Mile
Daily Mile Case Studies
Find out how the following schools have implemented The Daily Mile into the school day and the impact it has had on the school staff, the children and their families.
Living Sport is keen to support schools registering to The Daily Mile to embed their regular practice of The Daily Mile, as well as significantly grow the number of schools starting The Daily Mile across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
For further information about The Daily Mile and to register your school, please visit: www.thedailymile.co.uk
To find out more about The Daily Mile locally, please contact email@example.com