Book on this workshop to gain your Emergency First Aid Certificate and learn the skills required to preserve life and promote recovery . The course is a Royal Lifesaving Society qualification suitable for all sports coaches and comprises of practical work and theoretical classroom work, including practical assessment on CPR and first aid. The award is valid for 3 years as of the date of assessment.
During this course, and under the tuition and guidance of a registered and experienced Sports First Aid Trainer, candidates will be introduced to:
- The principals of First Aid
- The qualities and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Hygiene and personal safety
- Contents of the first aid container
- Dealing with an unconscious breathing casualty (the recovery position)
- Dealing with unconscious not breathing casualties (including CPR)
- Recognising and dealing with Common Types of injury (including shock, head injuries, fractures, wounds and bleeding, circulatory and respiratory problems)
Our Emergency First Aid workshops are split over two evenings from 6.30 – 9.30pm and you must attend both dates in order to receive certification.
£60.00 per person
Upcoming course dates:
6.30pm – 9.30pm
- 27th February & 6th March 2019 – Vivacity Hampton Leisure Centre, Peterborough, PE7 8 GL – spaces available
- 13th & 20th March 2019 – Meadows Community Centre, Cambridge, CB4 3XJ – spaces available
- 26th March and 2nd April 2019 – Lakeside Lodge Golf Centre, Pidley, Huntingdon, PE28 3DF – spaces available
First Aid is a life saving skill to have and is a mandatory course to support some coaching qualifications.
If none of the dates above are suitable, we can arrange a bespoke workshop for your club or organisation. For more information click here