A half day course is an introductory three hour session to raise awareness of young people’s mental health.
It is designed to give:
- An understanding of some of the common mental health issues affecting young people, including depression, anxiety, eating disorders and psychosis
- Skills to work more effectively with young people living with mental health issues (this will be applied to working with those through sport/physical activity)
- Ways to support young people with a mental health issue and relate to their experiences
The session covers:
- Language and mental health issues
- What is mental health?
- Mental health conditions-Depression
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Alcohol, illegal drugs and mental health
- Supporting young people in distress
- Mental and emotional wellbeing
All attendees will get an MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever needed. Upon session completion every attendee will receive a certificate to say they are Youth MHFA Aware.
No further dates for this course have been planned at the moment.