Living Sport are looking for volunteers to support our Peterborough 10 Mile Race on Sunday 18th November 2018 at Nene Park, Peterborough.
Who is Living Sport?
Living Sport is a local sports charity and the County Sports Partnership for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough. Our vision is to inspire everyone to lead healthy lives by increasing opportunities to be active and to participate in sport. One way of us to support this vision is by running the first ever Peterborough 10 Mile.
When and where is it?
The Peterborough 10 Mile race will be held on Sunday 18th November 2018 at Nene Park, Peterborough. The race will start and finish near the Visitors Centre at Nene Park.
The race will start at 10am, registration will be open from 8.30am. We will need volunteers to help us set up from 8.15am.
What will I get out of volunteering at this event?
- Chance to give something back and have fun at the same time
- Insight into management of a mass-participation event
- Opportunity to meet other like minded people
- A drinks token for the onsite cafe
- Valuable event logistical experience
- Course marshals will get to experience the park at it’s best on a fresh, November morning
- Great fun with the team!
What will I be expected to do?
- Assist with race logistics
- Give clear directions to race participants from your marshal point on the course
- Welcome race participants to the race area
- Ensuring smooth flow of participants and spectators through Nene park
- Assist in set-up and pack-down of race site
- Help with the general smooth running of the event
If you would like to apply to be a volunteer at the Peterborough 10 Mile run or have any questions regarding the race or what you’ll be expected to do then please get in contact with the event organiser: email@example.com