Safeguarding & Protecting Children in Sport is necessary for anyone looking to work with vulnerable children and adults in sport.
This workshop will help coaches recognise poor practice and the red flags of abuse, while also prompting a review of your coaching practice to ensure that you provide a positive and enriching experience for all children.
Nearly half a million coaches have been through the Safeguarding and Protecting Children workshop in the last 20 years or so.
The workshop is run through UK Coaching and has been developed in partnership with the NSPCC and CPSU and updated to include content on Anti-radicalisation and Vulnerable Children and Adults.
The development of new guidance and scenarios is designed to counteract the latest threats to emerge that could impact on the physical or mental health of children in modern Britain.
Vulnerable Children and Adults
Some children might be at greater risk of abuse than others (eg disabled children, children in care or talented young people in sport), while some adults are vulnerable and may be at a greater risk of abuse. UK Coaching has worked with the CPSU to develop some new scenarios that take into account additional vulnerabilities these groups may encounter and how we can ensure their voice is always heard in sport.
UK Coaching has worked with the Police Prevent team to help develop new guidance and scenarios that will help coaches understand the warning signs that a young person may be being radicalised. Also included is information on how anyone with concerns can contact the NSPCC anti-radicalisation hotline.
This is a pre-requisite for any NGB coaching qualification and upon completion you will receive a nationally recognised certificate which is valid for 3 years.
£40.00 per person
Upcoming Safeguarding & Protecting Children course dates:
6.30pm – 9.30pm
- 2nd May 2019 – Cambridge Meridian Golf Club, Toft, CB23 2RY – spaces available
- 16th May 2019 – Vivacity Hampton Leisure Centre, Peterborough, PE7 8GL – spaces available
- 5th June 2019 – Meadows Community Centre, Cambridge, CB4 3XJ – spaces available
- 27th June 2019 – Lakeside Lodge Golf Centre, Pidley, Huntingdon, PE28 3DF - spaces available
- 16th July 2019 – Meadows Community Centre, Cambridge, CB4 3XJ – spaces available
- 23rd July 2019 – Vivacity Hampton Leisure Centre, Peterborough, PE7 8GL – spaces available
If none of these dates are suitable, we can arrange a bespoke workshop for your club or organisation. For more information click here.